Assistance at the Port of Katakolon and depart to Olympia, where one can experience the ambiance of the first Olympic Games that took place on site from 776 BC until 393 AC.
Visit of the famous archeological site of Olympia and the Temple of Zeus, where the gold and ivory Statue of Zeus - one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World - was housed.
We will continue to the original Stadium and Gymnasium, unique in history.
After a short walk we reach the famous archeological museum of Olympia, where some of the finest decorative sculptures are on display, like a pediment from the Temple of Zeus or the famous statue of Hermes of the Praxiteles.
After a short stop and free time at the city of Olympia, we return at the Port of Katakolon.
GENERAL INFORMATIONS KATAKOLON OLYMPIA
SUPPLEMENTS to pay on the spot :
- Archaeological site and museum
- Adults: € 12.00.
- Over 65 years: € 6.00.
- Under 18 years: free.
- Free: Disability of more than 67% with a companion
- It is essential to present documentation to justify age / disability etc.
- Closing days: March 5, May 1, Easter, December 25 and 26.
- On closing days we will do Olympia Panoramica, it means we will visit the archaeological site from the outside (all monuments are visible). We do not visit the museum. We will tour the town of Olympia and have free time at your disposal.
- 1/11 to 03/31 the reduced rate applies to all.
- It is essential to present the identity document at the entrance
- PREPARE THE EXACT MONEY AS THE GUIDE DOES NOT TAKE CHANGE.
- Ticket fees are indicative and may change without notice by decision of the relevant authorities. You will see the official price at the ticket office on the day of the excursion.
- Easy / Panoramic / Cultural Level
- Comfortable shoes required.
- People with reduced mobility, who use a wheelchair must be accompanied by another person who can help them. Please use folding wheelchairs, since buses do not have elevators or ramps.